Thursday, December 6, 2007

Bad Real Estate Market? BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is funny, this whole "Bad Market" seems to be related to those you choose to listen to. I was with a company before, let's just say it is your typical real estate company. I had a rough time getting going there, many of the people that I talked to said "yep, this is a really bad market, I am not surprised that you are not busy". So I took that and thought ahhh, alright I guess it is okay that I don't have much more to do than re-arrange the stuff on my desk for the 4th time that day and then head to get lunch, where we happened to talk more about how "bad the market was".

After a few months of that (and paying for it), I thought to myself... either I need to give up on this passion until the "bad market" gets better or do an about face and start believing what I felt in my heart---which was that there are plenty of people buying and selling----I just needed to find them in a more efficient manner. Sitting at my desk re-arranging things and listening to the negative jabber was getting me absolutely nowhere. I used to tell my friends when they constantly complained about something---either change your situation or quit complaining about it. So I took my own advice.

The stats they gave me was that 80% of people start their search on the internet. On the other side they also told me to find a farm and start mailing it out to people. HUH? I throw that crap away daily and barely even flip it over to read it or look at pics. I am sure it works if you have been doing it for awhile and putting in the time---"petting" your farm consistently. But I am new and it takes awhile to build that, plus I think it is a little archaic.

I joined up with www.realestate.com, seemed like a no-brainer. Work with a company that is purely internet, millions of hits on their websites, transferring buyers and sellers directly to my cell phone. If 80% of the people start their search on the internet, well, that's where I would like to be! Not rocket science.

Before I left the other company, I went to their Wealth Building conference. Other agents there asked where I worked and I told them I was switching to www.wyattgrouprealty.com and they were quite vicious. Telling me that I would get nowhere "riding the gravy train". They made me feel like an outcast for bucking the system, thinking outside the box and moving to the "evil" online company. Well folks making 80% of zero is still zero with your company! In just 2 months of being with www.wyattgrouprealty.com, I have a portal filling with leads, 3 contracts and a listing... Bad market? Ahhh, not so much!

So if this is a "bad market", BRING IT ON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: