Thursday, December 6, 2007

Power Partnerships in Real Estate

I love reading articles on how to develop a winning partnership in Real Estate because I hopped head first into one! Jerry and I found each other at the company we were at before www.realestate.com. He has been in the industry for years, unlike me only about 6 months. We would sit in training class, listen to all the training, taking copious notes with visions of becoming millionaire agents dancing in our heads (sorry it's almost Christmas). After class we would gab for a few minutes before heading off to our busy day collecting business cards to build our businesses. Those few minutes a day gabbing for a few weeks long, helped us realize that we both had the same vision and our visions had power!

Jerry and I are both straight shooters, we are real, normal people that somehow didn't fit the mold of what we pictured, as the typical agent. We love people, we love connecting and building friendships, we both didn't love what we saw in the industry. We didn't love the "me, me, me" of it all. So we made a pact to utilize the Platinum Rule, "Treat other's as they would like to be treated". No pressure, just professional and fun real estate! I come from a Recreation background, so I am all about FUN.

My partner and I differ in our backgrounds significantly. He is more technical, engineer, I.T., pilot type guy and I come from a massage therapy/recreation background. I am more hands on, connecting type of person, I am in tune with people on a different level. We have fairly defined roles in our working relationship, he builds the solid structure for our clients---with thorough contracts, laying out all their options for them so they can make educated decisions on their purchase/sale. I am the connector, I help them feel confident and safe with their new move by further educating them on the process in fun, normal people terms.

Partnerships are all about respect, if you don't have respect you have no foundation to build on. That has been a powerful growth tool for us. Everyday we learn something new about each other, the real estate business, and life! We are also listeners, we offer thoughts and ideas with an open mind, bottom line is that we shoot straight with each other. I feel so blessed to have Jerry, we are solid and connected. I wouldn't trade my partner for all the clients in the world, we are an exceptional team!

No comments: