Sunday, December 30, 2007

Change is Good, If You Are With the Right People

Helping people with the buying and selling Real Estate is so much more than I ever thought it would be, they said in school that we were going to be a part of people's major life decisions and that it is very stressful. I find it completely fascinating! Typically you are working with clients that are embarking on a new chapter in their life. Empty nest, job change, new babies---typically stressful times in their life, couple that with one of the biggest investments they will ever make and things can get a little crazy.

Job transfers moved my family several times when I was a child and when I was old enough to call the shots, I could never seem to land too long. I like to think of myself as a professional of change. Some people hate it, some never do it, I thrive on it. Not in a bad way, but I find myself constantly growing, changing, moving forward. I think this is one of the reasons that I love Real Estate so much. Instead of uprooting myself every couple years, I can finally just live vicariously through my clients. With all the moving I have done, I am one with it! I know to expect the unexpected and how to stay a step ahead of the trauma . Surrounding yourself with people who have done it several times over and know how to stay ahead of the game will allow you to focus on the details that are important to you.

My ultimate goal while working in this profession is to know that each step of the way, I was there for my client. This entails watching over their every need, showing them professionalism, confidence, respect and a true heart to back it all up. Most of us have made at least one move, so we can relate to the madness it can bring to the surface, couple that with one of the biggest financial investments a person can make and you have a recipe for volatility. When choosing an agent for your big move, make a conscious effort to get to know them, listen to your gut, question them. Interview them as if you are hiring a mastermind for your company. The agent is working for YOU, don't forget that.



No comments: